Monday, February 23, 2009

And a quiet week it was . . .

I was so afraid we'd jinxed it by talking about how great it was going to be with nothing to do last week but nope, it was a boring week after all. Thank goodness :)

So since I stayed away from all things blog related, I guess I'll do an update. Ben's next appointment is Wednesday for a CT scan. One of the requirements on the UNOS listing is a CT scan every three months along with bloodwork at set times too (depending on your MELD score). His last scan was at the end of November so it's now time for another one. I'd love to explain in all technical jargon what they're looking for in the scan but when I asked Ben last night his reply was "I don't know. Last time they just came and got me at 11 at night. I didn't ask." Do you see me rolling my eyes right now? Yeah, that was helpful there buddy. This is why I tag along to all of his appointments now.

The only other thing going on is the changes in his meds. The doctor lowered his Immuran and put him on Vitamin A and Zinc. The Vitamin A helps his immune system while the Zinc helps the body absorb the Vitamin A. Plus it makes Ben's coat shiny and his eyes bright. Oh wait, that's the Alpo . . . For the Immuran, the doctor cut out one dose a day so he's down to just two pills of that daily. His white blood cell count is low (so low the lab tagged the results) so hopefully a little less Immuran will help the white blood cell level come back up. I guess we'll have to wait for the next round of bloodwork to see if all this fiddling with his meds helps.

That's it for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment