Saturday, March 28, 2009

Every Saturday

I find myself thinking about the other family that's part of Ben's story. We know the donor was 44 and that's all. Of course, knowing their age, makes me wonder about their life. Did they have children? Were they married? Did they have a job they enjoyed? Did they start their Saturday out like normal? Did they have any idea, any fleeting dream that something was about to happen? I hope that their life was filled with joy and love, with amazing friends and experiences and lots of great memories. Most of all, I hope that their family is ok. I can only imagine the pain that they've felt. As hard as the past weeks have been, it never could compare to what the other family has gone through. I hope that they have some comfort knowing that their loved one helped so many people.

It's such an impossible situation, to know that while we celebrated, another family grieved . . .

1 comment:

  1. You can bet the person who donated the liver that Ben received was full of love and giving, otherwise the gift of life he or she gave would have never been considered. You can bet that, after a time, other family members will come to accept that their loved one lives on through the generous donation and that there was a purpose. The cycle of life is such a great experience for learning and sharing. It never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete