Thursday, March 12, 2009

To Love, Honor, and Pack . . .

Ben's wound with gauze that is. Funny, I don't recall that being part of our vows but none-the-less, that's my new twice daily task. It seems that I was correct (I love being right ;) ) yesterday when I called Ben's transplant coordinator because I thought his wound might be getting infected. And yippy, skippy, I got to watch the surgeon squeeze pus out of his incision this morning at his first clinic visit. Ahhhh, life is so full of glamour around here lately. You're jealous aren't you? Don't worry though. I'll be selling tickets tomorrow for anyone that wants to come over and poke your finger in the two spots the surgeon opened up this morning. I'm thinking $50 a pop (or poke as the case may be).

But, that's enough of "Infection Chat" because the really big news is that "J" lost her first tooth last night. Technically, I pulled it out but it was barely hanging in there anyway. So the Tooth Fairy has been alerted and tonight she'll be delivering some cash, a bottle of anti-cavity mouthwash and two new shiney Batman toothbrushes (yes, "J" is a girl however she's so not in to the whole Princess thing). Around here the Tooth Fairy makes a pretty big deal out of the first tooth. The goodies lessen with the rest of the teeth though. Wouldn't want to encourage her to be pulling out teeth just to make some cash.

So that's the news for today. Thanks everyone for dropping by to see how life's going around here :)

1 comment:

  1. Lori, I know the economy is down, we all need to tighten our belts, and learn to live within our means, but honestly, if you guys are so desperate for money to invite people to come poke at poor Ben's incision... :)

    Congratulations on the tooth "J"!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete