Friday, January 23, 2009

The pressure of the next few days

If what Ben's transplant coordinator said is true, this will be Ben's last weekend not on "THE LIST". I feel like we should make the most of it. Once he's on the list, every thing will be just a bit different. No more walking out of the house without a cell phone teathered to you, no more letting the answering machine (oh yeah, we still have an answering machine - we're old school like that) pick up when we're eating dinner, we'll have a bag packed that will go with us everywhere we go from now on, and every morning we'll wake up knowing that there's a chance that this day could be the big day.

Of course there's also the aspects that I'm not going to dwell on. The reality of the risks involved. That's really where the pressure comes in. To completely and absolutely enjoy these next few days, that's my wish.

1 comment:

  1. I concur!!! Enjoy these next few "freedom" days. I wish you guys could go to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete