Friday, January 23, 2009

Really, really bad tv

I love bad reality tv. "Real Housewives of the OC," "Tori and Dean", "Flipping Out", even "Bad Girls Club" if no one else is home to catch me. Bring on the drama and craziness. But even my very high tolerence level for rediculous drama didn't prepare me for what we found last night on TLC. Drumroll please . . . . .

"Saw for Hire" A show about a tree service company. Are those crickets I hear? But see, you would be wrong. This is no boring show. No sir. After I was able to stop my laughing fit over the very dramatic opening, I heard the show's tagline "protecing your children, you and your home from the deadliest vegetation on the planet -- trees." Deadliest. Vegetation. On. The. Planet! Who knew! Here all along, I've been worried about the boogie man lurking about when all along I should have been keeping my eyes on that 10 foot pear tree in the front yard. But the very best part, the absolutely gem of the show, is that they do their interviews while sitting in a $5.98 metal lawn chair straight from the lawn and garden department. Ben's favorite part of course was that the owner's last name was Nosak. Pronounced just like you think ;)

I've made up my mind, forget the whole small business owner thing, I'm working on a reality show of my own. How about "Camera for Hire"? Or maybe "the Liver Insider"?

1 comment:

  1. Do. it. You'll be FAAAAAAMOUS, and I can point and say, "I KNOW THEM!"

    ReplyDelete